How does it works ?
1. RECEIVE AN INVITATION
14 days prior to scheduled flight departure, some passengers may be emailed an invitation to make a bid. IMPORTANT: not all flights are eligible and invitations are not necessarily sent to all passengers. Make sure you enter your email address as you book your flight!
2. MAKE AN UPGRADE OFFER
You need to submit your bid at least 5 days (120 hours) before your flight. Select the class you’d like to upgrade to and make a bid within the indicated minimum and maximum amounts to be added to the price of your existing ticket. The slider will help you select the bid with the most likelihood of success, based on the average amount of previous bids winning upgrades for this flight. You can change or cancel your bid up to 5 days before the scheduled date of your flight.
3. ACCESS TO UPGRADE
Between 4 days and 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure, you will receive an email confirming whether or your upgrade offer has been accepted or not. If your offer is accepted, you will be emailed a notification but your ticket will not be resended to you. Your seat in your new class of travel will be assigned to you at the airport. Your payment card will only be charged if and when your upgrade offer is accepted.
Please note :
- Our A la Carte Services are non-refundable.
- Passengers will not be refunded for their purchase of a Comfort Plus seat or an A la Carte menu if their My Plusgrade bid is accepted.
- Your baggage allowance and your Miles will remain the same as for your original Class booking.
Premium Economy benefits
A CABIN CLASS FOR EXCLUSIVE COMFORT
A HAVEN OF PEACE
Discover Aircalin's new Premium Economy class. Take advantage of a dedicated cabin of only three rows. Entirely designed for restfulness, it is available on Aircalin-operated long-haul and medium-haul A330neo flights.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A PRIORITY LANE
Enjoy the perks of dedicated check-in, priority boarding and priority baggage claim delivery
A GOURMET EXPERIENCE
Savour gourmet meals and enjoy an hour of free internet access
Business Economy benefits
PRIVILEGE AND LUXURY
A MODERN AND ELEGANT CABIN
Make the most of your journey in a comfortable and relaxing personal environment. For all long-haul flights and selected medium-haul* flights, you will enjoy our luxury “lie-flat” seats that feel like real beds. They are fitted with a massage feature and will provide you with a truly premium and restful experience. Savor our selection of original meals and enjoy our premium vintage picks: wines, champagnes and liqueurs
*Flights operated by A330-900 only
- Dedicated Check-in and priority boarding
Prompt disembarkment and priority baggage check-in**
Before your flight, relax in one of our lounges***
**Baggage allowance will remain that of your initial booking Class . Miles will be earned according to your initial booking Class .
***In Nouméa, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Papeete, Nandi, Tokyo and Singapore
What is Aircalin’s My Plusgrade?
With My Plusgrade you can treat yourself and upgrade your booking by submitting an online bid for the amount you choose. An Economy Class passenger can be upgraded to Premium Economy or Business Hibiscus and a Premium Economy passenger can be upgraded to Business Hibiscus. Aircalin’s My Plusgrade service can only be accessed by passengers who receive an email inviting them to submit a bid. Not all our flights qualify for upgrades and invitations to bid are not sent to all our passengers.
How can I make an offer?
14 days prior to scheduled flight departure, some passengers will be emailed an invitation to make a bid. IMPORTANT: not all flights are eligible and invitations will not systematically be emailed to all passengers. If you are emailed an invitation, you then have the opportunity to make an upgrade offer for yourself and all passengers in your booking. Choose the class you’d like to upgrade to and enter the amount you are willing to pay for an upgrade on the flight you have selected. Enter your payment card details. Your debit card or credit card will only be charged (to the full amount of the bid you have made) if your offer is accepted. You will receive an email confirming your upgrade offer is taken into account. If other passengers travel under your booking reference, the bid you make will apply to each one of them. The amount of money you enter as your upgrade offer will therefore be multiplied by the number of passengers travelling with you.
Will I enjoy the same benefits and services as a Business Hibiscus Class passenger?
Yes, you will enjoy the same premium services as Business Hibiscus Class passengers: luxury seating, priority Check-in and boarding, priority baggage check-in, access to the lounge prior to departure, meals and drinks, inflight entertainment systems, etc. Moreover, all special requests (including special meal options) made in your initial booking will be extended in case of an upgrade. However, baggage allowance and Miles earned will remain in accordance with initial booking.
Will I enjoy the same benefits and services as a Premium Economy passenger?
You will enjoy the same exclusive services as a Premium Economy Class passenger, i.e. priority seat, check-in and boarding, priority baggage check, one hour of internet access, meals and drinks, etc. And any special request already made, including special meals, will be retained for your upgrade. Only your baggage allowance and your Miles will remain the same as for your initial booking.
Can I make an upgrade offer if I did not purchase my ticket on Aircalin’s website?
Yes, absolutely. You can make an upgrade offer no matter where you purchased your ticket, as long as you have been emailed an invitation to do so.
Which flights are eligible for upgrade bidding?
Eligible flights are mentioned in the invitation emailed to you. You can only bid on these flights.
Can I make an offer for several flights included in my booking?
Yes, absolutely. You can make offers for several flights as long as they are eligible for an upgrade offer. You will receive a separate notification for each flight on which you have bid.
What is the minimum amount of money I must enter?
Your offer will be considered valid if the amount of money you enter falls within the range (see minimum and maximum amounts indicated) defined for each eligible flight. Upon making your offer, we will give you an idea of the chances you have to win the auction. This is based on previous winning bids for a given flight. This is for information purposes only and does not imply your offer will be accepted. Validation of your offer is subject to availability and the offers of other passengers.
Are there additional taxes?
All additional taxes that may apply are considered to be included in the offer you have made. All offers are inclusive of fees and ticket taxes pertaining to the higher cabin class.
Will my payment card be charged as soon as I enter my bid?
No, your payment card will only be charged if your offer is accepted.
As a Flying Blue member, can I redeem earned Miles in order to make an upgrade offer? Can I pay for an upgrade in cash?
For the moment, only valid payment cards are accepted in order to make an offer and pay for it. Please note that if your offer is accepted, you will earn Miles as per your initially ticketed booking class.
When can I make an offer? Can I change or cancel it?
You can make an offer as soon as you have been emailed an invitation to do so and up until 5 days (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure. You can change or cancel you offer up until 5 days (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure.
When will I know whether my offer has been accepted or not?
Your offer will be reviewed and you will be notified of Aircalin’s decision no later than 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. You will receive an email advising you whether your upgrade offer has been accepted or not.
If my upgrade offer has been rejected, can I make a second offer?
No, unfortunately you cannot make a second offer for the same flight. However, you can bid on another flight or modify your current offer in order to increase your chances of winning the auction.
If my offer is accepted, which fare conditions will apply?
The fare conditions of your initial booking will apply to your upgraded booking (in regards to changes, cancellations, etc.). Baggage allowance and Flying Blue Miles will remain in accordance with your initial booking.
Can I change or cancel my initial booking after my upgrade offer has been accepted?
Yes, absolutely. However, please note that you will not be refunded for the amount you have paid for your upgrade. Some fees may apply if you change or cancel your initial booking, as per fare conditions that apply to your initial booking.
Will I be refunded if Aircalin cancels my offer?
Yes, absolutely. If Aircalin cancels your offer, for any reason, and is unable to transfer your offer to another flight, you will be refunded for the amount paid for your upgrade. The payment card you have used to pay for the upgrade will be automatically credited. You will therefore travel in the cabin class as per your initial booking and will enjoy services offered in that class. However we cannot guarantee that the seat you had selected in your initial booking will still be available.
If i initially booked a comfort plus seat or an a la carte menu, would these be refunded if my bid is successful?
Regretfully, no. Comfort Plus seats and A la Carte menus are non-refundable - however, you may be able to transfer your booking to another flight included in your travel itinerary (as per the A la Carte Service General Terms and Conditions of Sale).
Can I use online Check-in?
Yes you can, but only once we have informed you whether your upgrade offer has been accepted or not. Otherwise we might not be able to reissue your ticket.
1. The hereby General Terms and Conditions (hereafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to any upgrade request (hereafter referred to as a “Request”) made by you (hereafter referred to as “You”) to Air Calédonie International (hereafter referred to as “Aircalin”) in order to upgrade, for a given Aircalin flight, all passengers in the original booking from the cabin class in the original booking to a higher cabin class (hereafter referred to as an “Upgrade”) under the My Plusgrade program.
2. You must be of legal age (18 years or older) and have the capacity to enter a legally binding contract. You will be deemed to have authority to act on behalf of and to bind all the passenger(s) included in the original booking to the hereby Terms and Conditions.
3. You are only allowed to make one Request per flight booked on your ticket. The Request must always be made and paid for with a valid debit card or credit card. You will be deemed to have made a Request on behalf of all passengers included under your original booking reference (“PNR”). A minimum amount of money applies to each Request. Each Request is only valid for the mentioned flight and it represents the amount of money to be paid (in addition to the amount paid for the initial booking).
4. Once You have submitted (directly or indirectly) your Request for PNR to Aircalin, your upgrade offer will be reviewed according to the hereby Terms and Conditions. You can send, change or cancel your Request at any time within a 5-day period (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure. If your Request has been accepted, You can no longer modify or cancel it and You are legally obligated to pay the amount of money that has been bid as part of your Request.
5. Your Request will be deemed valid (hereafter referred to as a “Valid Request”) on the date it is sent to Aircalin and it will expire 5 days (120 hours) prior to scheduled flight departure. However, if you wish to cancel your Request, it will no longer be deemed a Valid Request. Aircalin may accept your Request at any time within the defined period of validity. If Aircalin accepts your Request, your debit card or credit card will immediately be charged the full amount of the bid that you have entered. In turn, Aircalin will issue You a receipt mentioning the upgrade. The total amount charged will include all taxes and fees that may apply to the upgrade. This total amount will be communicated to You as soon as You send your Request.
6. Aircalin does not guarantee a specific seating for Requests which have been accepted. However if You have made, as part of your initial booking, a special meal request no later than 48 hours prior to scheduled flight departure, your special request will be extended to your upgrade. Your purchase of an additional luggage allowance done 30 hours prior departure will also be extended to your upgrade.
7. Once your Request has been accepted by Aircalin and your debit card or credit card has been charged, you will not be entitled to any refund, credit or exchange, except under the following conditions:
- The flight for which your Request has been accepted (thereby granting you an upgrade) has been cancelled and Aircalin has transferred you to an alternative flight, in the cabin class of the initial booking. In such a case, the amount You have paid for the upgrade will be refunded to You. The payment card used to pay for the upgrade will be credited. Aircalin will have no further obligation towards You.
- Your Request has been accepted and You have been granted an upgrade, but You couldn’t be seated in the higher cabin class for reasons attributable to Aircalin, notably in the case of an aircraft change or if (in the case of connecting flights that are part of the same booking) You have missed the flight for which you were to be upgraded because the previous flight was delayed. However, no refund, credit or exchange will be granted to You if You cannot benefit from the upgrade because of reasons attributable to You, notably if You have decided to change flights or if You have missed your flight.
Refund conditions for My Plusgrade are independent from conditions that apply to ticket fares.
Approved refunds will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade was paid.
8. The fare terms and conditions that apply to the ticket initially booked by You will remain valid in the case of an Upgrade. This includes cancellation terms, modification fees, Miles awarded and baggage allowance.
9. Aircalin reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to decide which flights are eligible for an Upgrade and to accept or reject your Request. Aircalin makes no representation guaranteeing that you will be able to benefit from an Upgrade, irrespective of seat availability in higher cabin class. Aircalin shall not be liable to You in case your Request is rejected.
10. Aircalin’s decision shall be final and shall not result in any written messages or requests.
11. Aircalin reserves the right to cancel or modify the hereby Terms and Conditions in its absolute and sole discretion and without notice. Except to the extent provided in the previous sentence, no modification or waiver shall apply to the hereby Terms and Conditions or be opposable to Aircalin, unless a written statement has been made by Aircalin (or by an authorized Aircalin agent) and published on Aircalin’s website. A cancellation will be deemed effective when statements concerning Upgrades, as well as pertaining Terms and Conditions, are withdrawn. You are responsible for checking on any modification of the hereby Terms and Conditions prior to making an Upgrade Request.
12. Failure by Aircalin to exercise any of its rights will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and your obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.
14. The hereby Terms and Conditions are subject to laws of New Caledonia. You are deemed to accept the exclusive jurisdiction of New Caledonia courts.
15. Upon sending your Upgrade Request, You are deemed to have read and understood the hereby Terms and Conditions, to accept them and to be legally bound by them.
16. Aircalin’s My Plusgrade service can only be accessed by passengers who receive an email inviting them to submit a bid under the My Plusgrade program. Not all our flights qualify for upgrades and invitations to bid are not sent to all our passengers.
17. Our A la Carte Services are non-refundable. Passengers will not be refunded for their purchase of a Comfort Plus seat or an A la Carte menu if their My Plusgrade bid is accepted.